Splice Records created River Revival as a touchstone meeting place to share our vision of integrating the love of the planet and family with the ancient Dionysian spirit of celebration and festivity. These expressions have been treated as opposing camps; but we believe they are both expressions of humanity that require a natural flow from the same font of human inspiration. In combining the performing arts with nature and the lifeline of a mighty river, we have the recipe for an amazing weekend of consciousness and celebration that we call “River Revival”.
What?: River Revival is our annual Camping Festival and Music Extravaganza that is open to the public and to our fans. Together Splice Records and St Arnold Brewery host the camping trip to end all camping trips. Come get baptized in the happiness of the Guadalupe River for one memorable weekend shared with old and new friends. It is a celebration with high spirits, incredible music and a weekend of being barefoot by the river while combining all things that make life worth living for: Music + Nature + Camping + You = River Revival
Where?: Splice Records reserves an ENTIRE campground along the Guadalupe River in New Braunfels, TX, called K&L Ranch and Campgrounds. It is right upriver from the 2nd crossing and goes along the one of the most beautiful stretches along the river in New Braunfels, TX.
Who?: The perfect person to join us is one who loves to camp or one who has never slept in a tent before. The annual event attracts free thinking, good spirited humans who are looking to join a tribe and share a natural vibe with other music lovers. As a record label we utilize the weekend to share with you the work and the artists and musicians that we have collaborated and adore. The first year of River Revival, the advertising was done strictly by a whisper campaign that allowed for word of mouth invitations only and it sold out months prior to the event. From there the mythology has only grown.
When?: The annual event is scheduled for the weekend of September 23rd – 25th (2016). Check-in is as early as 12:00 noon on Friday the 23rd and departure is after lunch time on, Sunday the 25th. Kids are welcome and free under the age of 10.
– Live Concerts and evening music under the stars (Line up will be announced in the soon).
– Nature identifying and reptile handling workshop with Pecos’ Hank Schyma
– Morning Yoga session on the grass on “The Lawn”
– Hiking, Swimming, Fishing and Riverside chillin…
– Kids music class and puppet show (Saturday day-time)
– Tubing, floating and canoeing all weekend.
– Natural Live Art Exhibits and Creation by the artist, Journey Through
– Saturday we arrange for a campgrounds group float starting up river and ending at the campsite. The arrival of the floaters kicks of the first live set on Saturday that can be watched from your tube from the river (no lie). (This activity requires additional cost and you can add the float to your cart when purchasing tickets. The tube, cooler tubes, drop off and pick up are all inclusive.
Giveaways and Prizes: We will have prizes and awards for; the most creative Campsite or Tent, the King and Queen Camper Award (the person(s) who just camped their asses off and had the most amazingly positive attitude all weekend), Favorite Volunteer and the ‘Should have been at Wood-stock Award (The biggest hippy) … So be sure to bring your best attitude and get creative with your tents and campsite(s).
-$135 for one admission (per person)
-$245 for two admission(s) (purchased at the same time only)
-Kids under 10 are free.
- 2 night’s stay with Riverside camping and Campsite(s) that include -electric, water, 30/50-amp hook ups and primitive campsites are available as well.
- 2 communal meals (catered BBQ dinner Saturday Night) and (a Sunday Gospel Brunch on Saturday w Live Music and Mimosas)
- Live campfire concerts (both nights) with some of the finest artist in the surrounding states.
- A complimentary s’mores package for each campsite. That is right you do not even have to bring your own s’mores set up.
- We will also have some beverages available during the concert(s), and during brunch.
Friday Night dinner we will have multiple Food Trucks on site. Cost will be determined by the food truck and by the order. Showers and restrooms are on sight and open to the campgrounds and all campers. They will be maintained daily and multiple times a day for cleanliness.
RV and Motorhome spaces are available, they are limited and available on a first come first serve basis. The 30-amp RV premium campsites come with a one-time $75 additional charge on top of your ticket cost. Please add to your cars and Camper/RV spots are limited.
Different Payment Options:
- Request a ticket invoice via PayPal, which can be paid by credit card or via PayPal and you do not have to have a PayPal account.
- Call Sarah Miller with Splice Records @ 281.546.8901; or Shaun Brennan with Splice Records @ 281.757.4226
- If any of these options are too difficult please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make it work.
There are no refunds and the event is rain or shine. You can transfer your tickets to a friend or family member if something happens or of course donate to the cause. If you do transfer the tickets Splice Records will need to be informed and information will have to be handed over.
Details for Reserved Campsite(s): We will reserve the camp sites with your preference and your close friends in mind. They will be your neighbors. There will be family areas sectioned off for campers with children for positive sleeping arrangements. When you arrive you will check in to the front desk drive thru, where you will receive your campsite number and your itinerary for the weekend will be handed to you upon check in. Electronic music will be forbidden after 11:00 pm each night but there will be secret late night shows with acoustic jams after the main stage performances are done. Shhhh… it’s a secret! We will also have recycling available to limit our carbon foot-print.
In conclusion: The event is not meant for everyone, but if it was meant for you, it is one you will not want to miss. We celebrate and perform like each night may be our last. Come be alive with us and be sure to tell everyone on the campgrounds, “Happy River Revival”!
Peace, Love, Nature and River Revival!
Splice Records CEO